2016 Energy Star Tax Credit
To qualify, siding insulation product purchased must be ENERGY STAR® qualified for the region in which they are installed. Homeowners may claim 10% of the product cost (not including installation) up to $500. If you installed any of the following prior to December 31st 2016,
For the taxable year 2016, homeowners fedral tax credits:
- - Windows and doors (must be energy star rated)
- - Fullback V Siding Insulation for Vinyl Siding( Drop-in/Field Applied)
- - Fullback FC Siding Insulation for Fiber Cement
- - Linebacker Siding Insulation
- - Halfback H20 Universal Siding Insulation
- - Halfback Universal Siding Insulation
- - ProBoard Insulating Sheathing
- - ProFold Fan-Folded Underlayment
- - Insulated accessories, including corner posts, insulating shims, etc.
The aggregate amount of the credit is limited based on product cost. Products must be installed in the taxpayer's primary residence by December 31, 2016. New construction is not eligible.
Additional information may be found at: www.energystar.gov/taxcredits